Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Swatch and Review: The New Black Week Day 3 - Waves

Though it's raining here in New Jersey, there are still plenty of sunny beaches out there somewhere!

So today, I bring to you Day 3 of The New Black Week with Waves!


Like Graffiti and Haze, Waves is also an ombré set. But it has a little more variation than the other sets. It moves from a peacock blue to a light seafoam green. It doesn't seem like a true ombré at first glance, but that's because I think the second polish (the glittery one) isn't really a medium between the middle jade and the first teal.


Regardless, this set is gorgeous. The application of the nail polish was smooth and even, so it's quality was as stellar as the last two sets. I only wish the index finger's polish was a little bit more in line with the shades before and after it, but it's a minor complaint. I do like that this set mixes cremes, frosts, and glitter.

I still think that Haze is my current favorite!

All of The New Black sets are available at Sephora, Nordstrom, and Beauty.com. The ombré sets, like Haze, include five 0.125 fl oz. bottles of polish. All polishes by TNB are 3-free, cruelty-free, and vegan friendly! All sets range from $10 to $32.

So that you've seen Graffiti, Haze, and Waves... which one is your favorite?

Tomorrow, we move onto full manicures!
Princess Polish

Disclaimer: The product(s) in this post were provided to me by the manufacturer or their PR company for consideration. For more information please visit my Disclaimer page. Product photos provided by The New Black. 

2 comments:

  1. I just got this set and the typography set today! I can't wait to try them. Thank you for the pictures now I know what these colors will look like on!

    ReplyDelete